Most people are aware of the fact that their web browser stores a huge amount of information about online activity, and if this should fall into the wrong hands there could be untold consequences. But it is not just web browsers that track activities - the same is true of a huge number of programs as well as Windows itself.
WIPE is a privacy tool that can be used to ensure that no revealing information about computer activity is left on your hard drive. As well as clearing your browsing history and cookies, the program will also delete auto-complete entries, clean index.dat files and remove temporary internet files.
But it doesn't end there. WIPE will also clear the clipboard and the list of recently used files maintained by Windows. To hide information about pictures that have been viewed, thumbs.db files can be deleted as RSS logs can be cleared as well as countless other program logs.
There is built in support for a wide variety of programs from web browsers and media players to office tools and instant messaging clients. There are a number of wiping methods to choose from which help to ensure that any data that is deleted cannot be recovered - including Gutmann standard which overwrites data 39 times. If you want to protect your privacy, WIPE is the tool for you.
WIPE 18.01 adds support for these apps:
- The navigation bar (blue panel on the left) will disappear now when you view the list of supported areas or view the contents of any area. This will give you extra space on the screen for really important things. Thank you for your ideas! We really dont want to waste valuable screen space!
- We have returned icons of supported programs to the list.
- Added support for browser Comodo Dragon 76 (future version).
- Added support for browser Comodo IceDragon 65 (current version).
- Added support for browser Opera 62 and 63 (current and future version).