Blu-Disc Studio Lite is a professional tool for authoring Blu-ray discs with interactive BD-J (Blu-ray Disc Java) menus.
The program enables importing video and audio streams, using PSDs or PNGs images, designing regular and pop-up menus, setting up animations, transitions and more.
The full product is a 499 Euro package aimed at serious professional users, so unsurprisingly it's far more about power and functionality than ease of use. If you're not an authoring expert then the best place to start is by downloading a sample menu (see here).
The results can be impressive. Check out the Demo Videos page to see what's possible with the full version.
The free Lite build limits the audio and video tracks you can use, the total number of menus and movies, has fewer animation options and many other restrictions, but we think there's enough here to be usable for basic projects. If you're in doubt, install it anyway (there's no registration) and check out the Welcome section of the Help file. This has a full list of the differences between the free and commercial versions.
What's new in 1.0.9:
* New one-window interface.
* Ability to import multi-page PS Designer PSD.
* Ability to import PSD files in DoStudio format.
* A selection frame for all objects in the designer is added.
* Ability to select a group of objects using mouse (press and drag).
* Ability to show navigation links is added.
* A background image can be shown in the simulation.
* Ability to load moved projects.
* Undo is now global.
* Help updated.