Malwarebytes 4 is the next generation of the popular malware killer, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
The product is a combination of every Malwarebytes technology, including anti-malware, anti-exploit, anti-ransomware, web protection and more.
The interface is straightforward and familiar. A dashboard displays your current status, you can launch a scan with a click, and most of the time there's nothing else to do at all.
This doesn't mean you won't notice any changes. Despite all the extra technologies, for instance, Malwarebytes says system scans are now 3x to 4x faster.
Experienced users will also find an array of options, switches and settings to help tweak the program.
To take a single example, you don't just have an option to turn the anti-exploit on or off. You can also configure 6 separate six component technologies (DEP, anti-heapspraying, ASLR, more), eight memory protection methods, five application behaviour checks, five Java technologies, and individually define the types of apps where each of these will be used (browsers, Office, PDF readers, media players, more).
Please note, this version will automatically update any existing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomware installations to a 14-day trial of Malwarebytes 4.
What's new in 4.0 (see changelog for more)?
- New Malwarebytes Katana engine provides improved malware detection.
- Now registers as primary cybersecurity program in Windows Defender Security Center.
- User interface redesign for improved user experience.
- New Threat Center integration to learn more about any threats detected.
- New lightweight installer ensures the latest version is always installed.
- Improved performance and faster scans.
- Numerous miscellaneous improvements and fixes.