Acronis True Image 2020 is the latest version of the popular backup tool.
The program provides simple ways to back up your entire PC, specific disks or partitions, or individual files and folders. Backups can be saved locally or to the cloud, while a Sync feature ensures key files are always available on any device, wherever you are.
A backup analysis and statistics module enables you to easily see a representation of what's taking up the most space in your backup (much like Apple offers with iCloud backups).
Acronis True Image includes anti-ransomware protection. We're assuming that this is included so your backups are always protected from being encrypted by ransomware, so if your computer gets infected, then your backups remain safe. This will then enable you to quickly restore a previous backup, rather than worry about paying a ransom fee.
The Conversion to Virtual Machine option enables you to take an existing backup and convert it to a virtual machine. This could be immensely useful if you backed up your entire desktop computer, needed access to the contents of your laptop when you were on the road. Simply convert to a virtual machine and run within VMware Workstation.
What's new in v2020 (see the release notes for more info)?
- Dual Protection. Acronis makes the protection process easy and efficient by replicating local backups in the cloud automatically.
- Enhanced Backup Technology. Our new backup format delivers a better overall performance.
- Tray Notification Center. You can get messages pushed to your desktop tray.
- Enriched Anti-Ransomware. As cyberthreats continue to evolve, we constantly enhance Acronis Active Protection to stay ahead of them.
- Back up on Selected Wi-Fi. You can easily avoid metered connections and unsecure public networks that put your data at risk.
- Custom Power Management. Manage your backups so they don’t drain the battery.
Acronis True Image 2020 is arguably the industry-standard backup tool and has some welcome new features and improvements.