WebSite X5 - Evolution is a powerful application which makes it easy to create top-quality responsive websites, even if you've no design or coding experience at all.
The program offers more than 1,000 professional templates covering just about every site type and topic area: e-commerce, blogs, sports sites, animals, food, movies, web portals and more.
Choose a design which appeals and you then plan your site's structure using a map.
From here, it's a case of populating each page in turn by dragging and cropping various elements onto your page. There are text blocks, images, galleries, tables, video and audio widgets, maps, Flash animations, product catalogues, email forms and more.
Each element can be styled in many different ways. The program doesn't embed an image, for instance - you're able to define a quality setting, resize method, apply a host of smart mouseover effects (like zooming in and displaying custom text), and even use some basic protection to prevent a browser copying the image. (Although of course if someone's determined to save it they'll quickly find some other way.)
Your project may be previewed at any time or uploaded via a built-in FTP engine for more testing. There's even free web hosting.
While it's focused very much on ease of use, WebSite X5 Evolution also has plenty of more advanced options and settings. Templates can be edited or created from scratch, navigation methods customised, responsive web design configured, and there's support for Google Analytics, RSS feeds, data management schemes, access control and more.
Please note, the demo version has many restrictions, doesn't support most templates, only allows a few pages and can't export anything. There's more than enough to give you a good idea of the program's capabilities, but you won't be able to create anything until you've purchased the full product.
WebSite X5 is also available in a base Start edition, with fewer templates, no responsive web design or free hosting and only the essential design tools.
Or you can opt for the high-end X5 Professional, which adds support for dynamic content, a premium e-commerce cart, in-depth project analysis and optimisations, more control over responsive web designs, even a customisable mobile app which visitors can download to receive your latest news.
What's new in v2019.1 (see changelog for more)?
- Graphic interface. As part of a larger re-branding initiative introducing a new logo and new names for the software editions, we've completely revised the program's graphic interface, emphasizing clarity, readability and ease of use.
- Template Library. We've re-designed the entire library of preset templates available on WebSite X5.
- Optimization Pro only. The optimization features that were previously available in the WebSite X5 Optimizer app have been integrated: use them to get the most out of the software
- PhpMailer Update. The PhpMailer class used to send e-mails has been updated for better compability with hosting providers.
- Style library. We've overhauled the library of styles to be applied to each object: with new options, you can easily create graphic boxes to best emphasize your content.