CloneApp is a free portable tool which can back up and restore application settings. This could be very convenient if you're reinstalling or migrating your system, as you can easily restore your application's configuration.
Run the program as an administrator, and a list of supported applications appear on the left. There are approaching 150, including plenty of big names: 7-Zip, Photoshop, Adobe Reader, Avast Free Antivirus, BlueStacks, Classic Shell, Gimp, Google Chrome, Google Earth, IrfanView, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office 2010/ 2013, VLC Media Player, and a pile of Windows settings (Favorites, Contacts, Network folder settings, Start Menu and more).
The idea is that you select the applications you'd like to back up (or click "Select Installed" to run a full backup), then click "Start CloneApp" and watch as the files, folders and Registry keys are backed up.
By default the data is saved to a CloneApp folder. If you're saving the data as a backup then you may want to change that - click Options for the relevant setting.
You'll quickly figure out how to restore your settings (select the target applications and click Restore).
If you like the idea, CloneApp can be extended with "plug-ins", plain text files which define exactly which files, folders and Registry keys the program should preserve.
Version 2.07.317 brings (ChangeLog):
- Added new feature to Reset application settings, files and data specific to the application to factory defaults.
If enabled (right-click on Apps window > Reset), a new context menu will appear which allows you to Delete (right-click again on Apps window > Delete) application configurations (ONLY for selected App).
- Added new feature to create a new and predefined Plug-in file (Hamburger/main menu > New > Plug-in)
- Added new commands DeleteFile, DeleteFolder, DeleteRegKey (for more Information about these commands, please look into the documentation)
- Optimized Plug-ins state saving routine. The function saves and closes the application faster. Plug-ins values are now also saved to the cloneapp.ini (the plug-ins.ini does not exists anymore)
- Fixed bug in Editing Plug-ins and the function "Save as new Plug-in" (added auto. refresh and import to Plug-ins/Apps list)
- Fixed bug in Theme customization
- Optimized UI of Left Navmenu, Hamburger menu and Info window
- Minor UI Improvements
- Minor internal Code Improvements