Get the whole picture the whole time with the free Guardian app.
Specially crafted for iPhone, iPad, and now Apple Watch, this app brings you breaking news and full access to all of the Guardian's award-winning content. Tailor your home screen with the sections that matter most to you, follow your favourite writers and stories for personal alerts, keep reading when you're offline, save content for as long as you like, and get personal, compelling content at any time on your Apple Watch.
• Stay up to date with live news and sport
• Enjoy the full range of Guardian content, beautifully designed for iPad and iPhone
• Keep reading offline
• Make it yours by choosing the sections and topics that appear on your home screen
• Be informed with breaking news alerts on your iPhone, iPad, and optimised for Apple Watch
• Follow your favourite stories, series, writers and football teams for personal notifications
• Browse award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries, with stunning Retina-quality images
• Save any content you want to keep
• Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
• Search by keyword, topic, series, section, or contributor
• Upgrade to the premium tier for our daily crosswords, specially curated content, extracts from Guardian Books, and an advert-free experience
Please note: this app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier - £2.49 / $2.99 (USD) a month or local equivalent - your payment can be taken immediately and processed by Apple.
What's New in Version 4.19
It's time for Superbowl LI. We've added support for a new type of notification for you to follow along with the game, directly from your lockscreen. US users will be given the opportunity to opt-in after update and the rest of the world can opt-in by navigating to the alerts page in the settings. In addition to this, we've been improving the loading of football(soccer) match info.
- Improvements to the way you can make contributions through the app.
- Bug fixes for the save for later feature as well as other issues.